“It’s Turbo time!”
What’s it about?
The movie’s about a dad who very often let his son down by always working late and missing important events. It’s Christmas time and to make his son happy, Howard has to buy the super amazing action toy Turbo Man. The problem is that the toy is sold out everywhere, but Howard is going to do whatever it takes to make his son happy and give him a magical Christmas.
Who’s in it?
A handsome Arnold Schwarzenegger, a lot of Santa Clauses, Sinbad, Phil Hartman, Rita Wilson, Jake Lloyd and more.
Why should I watch it?
+ The movie has a fun and unique story
+ Arnold Schwarzenegger and his brilliant accent
+ Gets you in the Christmas mood
+ Coherent storyline
+ Seeing a dads love for his child and that he would do anything to make him happy
+ Perfect length, which doesn’t make the movie tedious
+ Great message at the end that really affects you
+ Happy ending (and we do love those)
+ Great cast, especially little Jamie (Jake Lloyd) who did a really good job for being so little
+ It’s a Christmas movie and who doesn’t love those?
+ Lots of comedy
Why shouldn’t I watch it?
– Got some boring parts that really made it hard for me to stay focused on the screen
– It’s a little bit wicked, got some weird scenes
– Has a lot of unrealistic parts
– Don’t really feel that much empathy for the main character (Arnold/the dad)
– Could have been a little bit less fighting
– The ending wasn’t that great or exciting, I thought it was fine but I would have preferred a different ending (it could however not have been a happy ending and that would have been tragic)
– Too many unimportant side characters
– A freaking weird postman that might have been drunk or high, or something in between
I feel like this is a movie that a lot of people has grown up with but I watched it for the first time this year and that might be a reason why it wasn’t really my cup of tea. I personally would say that there’s better Christmas movies out there, but this one was still enjoyable and I’m glad I watched it. I do also love Arnold’s cheeky little accent.
You might also like:
Christmas with the Kranks
Fred Claus (oh I love this one)
Thank you so much for reading this! I filled in for Diego this lazy Sunday and it was really fun. I do actually have a cheeky little blog of my own and if you want to check it out you can click here. Have a holly jolly Christmas, and a happy holiday!