“What really happens in the great beyond?”
What’s it about?
A bunch of naive foods find out what really happens after we buy them from the supermarket. You could say they’re a little late to the party. *Ba dum tss*
Who’s in it?
Seth Rogen and friends, Kristin Wiig, Salma Hayek, Edward Norton, Paul Rudd and Nick Kroll.
Why should I watch it?
+ The plot is a bit like what would happen if Toy Story smoked Seth Rogen’s weed
+ And you can tell that he probably got the munchies after getting baked and thought to himself “Dude, what if food have feelings man?”
+ But holy shit, the movie actually works
+ Very adult, raunchy and filled with sexual innuendos
+ Geniunely didn’t recognice the voice acting from some of the cast
+ Jizz all over your face scene from Danny McBride reminded me of a similar jacking off scene from This is The End
+ Massive Michael Cera fan, just find him really funny
+ Saving Private Ryan reference, well played
+ How we “kill” food were done creatively
+ A whole lotta food puns, even the bad guy was a good pun
+ The great beyond song was jokes
+ Surprisingly clever when it tackles social commentary on religion
+ Especially about the afterlife
+ And how nothing else brings people together and divides them at the same time
+ If this movie doesn’t solve the conflict in the Middle East, I don’t know what will
+ Wouldn’t it be funny if our shared love of food brings us all together?
+ So, it’s a bit like Zootropolis/Zootopia in that sense
+ A lot of gross out comedy and offensive jokes
Why shouldn’t I watch it?
– A lot of gross out comedy and offensive jokes
– Can understand if people dislike this movie
– Probably looking too deep into it, but why are some objects alive while others aren’t?
– “What the fuck” count: 7
– Sausage party to sausage orgy
– Sometimes has swearing for the sake of having swearing
– Know what I fucking mean?
– Racial stereotyping is pretty weak man, it’s a low hanging fruit
– This is gonna sound weird, but I expected more from Seth Rogen in that aspect
– I’m not mad, Seth
– Just disappointed
– At least it takes the piss out of everyone?
– Will make you a little guilty eating food after you’ve seen it
– Wonder if bath salt sales increase
Doesn’t really have a go at people who are religious, it has a CRAZY message of (get this) respecting each others beliefs. Fucking insane thought, right? Seriously though, I completely get why some people are religious, I really do. Sometimes your situation is so shitty that it’s not a bad idea to believe that it gets better and have hope that you’ll end up in a better place.
Back to the movie, it touches on deeper meanings and has creative touches while being disgusting, dumb and immature at the same time. Go watch it. It’s fun for the whole family.
You might also like:
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
This is The End