“Because one thing I believe in, is an eye for an eye.”
What’s it about?
A year after the first movie, The Four Horsemen are back in the spotlight as they are forced into stealing a data-mining device by an evil tech genius.
Who’s in it?
Lex Luthor, Mark Ruffalo, Harry Potter, Not Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Woody Harrelson x2, Morgan Freeman, My Cocaine, That Asian guy in The Green Hornet and Mark Donovan from The Inbetweeners.
Why should I watch it?
+ Mark Ruffalo’s character gets more depth and more action scenes
+ He’s got more daddy issues than Clark Kent
+ Definitely puts the emotional part in the movie
+ Loved the combination of magic and fighting in the first one and the magic fights here were entertaining
+ Especially that mirror part, that was jokes
+ But where’s my Dave Franco magic fight scene though?
+ Oh, there it is
+ Less running away from the FBI, feels more like a heist movie
+ Also get to see behind the scenes of their plans and how they work
+ Pat down scene with slight of hand was probably the hightlight of the movie
+ Actually enjoyed the addition of Lizzy Caplan
+ Didn’t find her annoying and she does bring something different to the table
+ Dave Franco is starting to become my favourite Franco
+ Guy is straight up likeable
+ Still don’t buy into the whole hypnotism stuff but effects were quite cool
+ Daniel Radcliffe is finally back dabbling with magic and he was a pretty decent bad guy
+ His evil plan was pretty dark
+ Like the magic vs science bit, Can’t wait to see that in the MCU with Doctor Strange and Iron Man
Why shouldn’t I watch it?
– Revealing yourself in the first movie feels pretty stupid now, doesn’t it?
– What happened to the French chick?
– Fucking twin brother, what was going on there man
– Forced romance between Dave Franco and Lizzy Caplan
– I remember two magic trick pulling me out of the film because it was too unbelievable and there were a lot more here
– Mind explaining the rain scene? No? Okay then
– Surely you’d just hire magician bodyguards, right?
– Eisenberg with the whole wanting to be a leader part really annoyed me, shitty attitude man
– Owners of the oldest magic shop in the world are part of The Eye… Shocker
– Guy with the girlfriend who gets chosen for a magic trick is the reason you shouldn’t bring a date to a comedy club
– Bike/car explosion effects were weak AF
– Couldn’t the henchmen see that the plane isn’t flying?
– The last twist… Really? Fuck off
– Just making shit up as they go along
– Also, what the fuck is the deal with people who’s actually part of The Eye trying their hardest to catch you out
– It’s like the main theme of the two movies
– Like, what if they actually succeeded?
I’ve now you seen better but I definitely wanna now you see more, you’ll now you see what I mean. Great seeing the magicians back doing their thing but I much prefer the first one. If you need a distraction from a boring day, here’s one for you. Just turn your brain off and don’t be all like, “Wait, what? How did they…” and you should be all good.
You might also like:
Now You See Me