“Tell me, do you bleed? You will.”
What’s it about?
To those uninitiated, Batman v Superman follows up on the destruction caused by Superman and Zod in Man of Steel. Batman sees Superman as a potential threat to global extinction while Superman sees Batman as a violent vigilante, sending the two in a head to head battle.
Who’s in it?
Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Jesse Eisenberg (who seems to know all of the oldest lies in America), Gal Gadot, Jeremy Irons and Amy Adams as the damsel in distress.
Why should I watch it?
+ Opening credit scene reminiscent of Watchmen
+ Establishes the man and god aspect with the opening scene
+ Ben Affleck’s apology for Daredevil
+ In turn, I apologise for doubting him
+ He was a great Batman AND Bruce Wayne
+ His version of Batman is more violent, more brutal and straight up scary at times
+ Better fight scenes than The Dark Knight Trilogy
+ Dialogue between Bruce Wayne vs Clark Kent
+ Wonder Woman is one hell of a Gal (wink wink)
+ Congressional hearing scene
+ Batman v Superman fight scene was great
+ The Trinity v Doomsday fight scene was great
+ Dream sequence was cool but leaves many unanswered questions
+ Shocking ending
+ Intriguing cameos
+ Gets you excited for a Justice League movie and even more excited for a Batman solo movie
Why shouldn’t I watch it?
– Editing like Bambi on ice, fucking all over the place
– Trailers did ruin parts of the movie (Doomsday, shot of The Trinity)
– Needed more conversation between Batman and Superman to argue their ideology (interrogation scene from The Dark Knight, rooftop scene in Daredevil season 2)
– Lex Luthor comes across as annoying and over the top
– Like he got kicked through a Jim Carrey movie
– Also, Lex Luthor hates Batman and Superman because… conflict?
Had the potential ingredients to create one of the best comic book movies but ended up leaving a bit of a bitter taste. If you like Man of Steel, go watch it. If you didn’t like Man of Steel but like Batman, go watch it. If you didn’t like Man of Steel and don’t like Batman, watch Zootropolis. I hear it’s pretty good.
You might also like:
Man of Steel
The Dark Knight